Originally known as the MacDowell Chorus which was formed in November 1909, under the direction of Kurt Schindler. Two months after its founding, Gustav Mahler, then the conductor of the New York Philharmonic, invited the chorus to perform with the orchestra. In 1912, Schindler changed the name to Schola Cantorum. Schindler continued to conduct the Schola until January 1926, when he accepted an offer to take charge of the Roxy Theatre. Hugh Ross later became the director of the Schola.
Showing official release groups by this artist.