Other versions: LP version
Drumming is a work for 8 small tuned drums, 3 marimbas, 3 glockenspiels, piccolo, soprano and alto (here performed by male and female voices), and whistling, with all instruments and voices amplified.
- Part 1: 4 pairs of tuned bongo drums
- Part 2: 3 marimbas with 9 players, soprano, alto
- Part 3: 3 glockenspiels with 4 players, 1 piccolo
- Part 4: Complete ensemble
- All ARs for Tuned Percussion ought to be for a tuned small bongo drum.
- Steve Reich's other vocal AR on Part III is for whistling.
- All other vocal ARs are for vocal percussion, voices emulating percussion sounds.